[RC] Team riding - David Bagot

I think it would be great if endurance rides would offer team awards in addition to individual prizes.  I ride in the Midwest and I have never been to a ride that offered any team awards, but then I only go to a handful of rides each year.  Besides the camaraderie, it would enable more people to learn the strategy and tactics of team riding.  This in turn could lead to better performance at the 'big' rides for people who are interested in that.  Riding as a team would allow multiple riders to watch for and be concerned with the welfare of all of the horses on their team.  Riding as teams could often bring more entries to a ride as each of us could encourage our other 'team members' to join us at rides.   Besides all these benefits, I think it would just be a whole lot of fun, too.
Lucy Bagot