Re: [RC] Team riding - DVeritas

In a message dated 2/21/2004 8:23:53 AM Mountain Standard Time, bagot@xxxxxxx writes:
think it would be great if endurance rides would offer team awards in addition to individual prizes.  I ride in the Midwest and I have never been to a ride that offered any team awards, but then I only go to a handful of rides each year.  Besides the camaraderie, it would enable more people to learn the strategy and tactics of team riding.
 Here in the Mountain Region, when the concept of Team Awards (Mountain Region Endurance Riders) first sprang into life, one of the pre-requisites to having a "team" was that two riders be experienced riders and one be (what was considered a) "rookie" rider.
   Not in a "handicap" sort of way, but in a "let's bring 'em along sort of way".
   I always kind'a liked that concept...seemed like a good way to "mentor" new riders.
----Frank