Re: [PNER] RE: [RC] Presidents Cup: (now horse longevity) - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"...Nope, the incentive to have to take the SAME horse to the next ride is
IMO
one of the biggest PROTECTIVE factors we have in our sport here in this
country--it makes riders ..."

I know that it will never happen because of economics and human nature but
my ideal international endurance championship would require the winners to
complete 5 100 mile races, over varied terrain, with the races spaced 4 to 6
weeks apart.  I think that, except for possibly the last race, we would see
slower speeds, lower pull rates etc.  One race championships encourage
putting all one's eggs in one basket.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

REAL endurance is sleeping in the tack compartment of your trailer w/the
door open, and your horse snorts/snots on your forehead every 30 min!
~ Heidi Sowards