Re: [RC] re: President's Cup - John Teeter

Basically, if you gave them 10 years to train for it (and to select the best horses in the world for the conditions of Tevis (or big horn) and to train/condition those horses for that kind of riding), then I'd think they would do just fine. I don't think they'd do it the same way though. I'm not sure it's a different sport, but it is different strategy applied to different trail environments. (of course - spoken from the perspective of only having watched both kinds.)

johnt

http://www.endurance.net/International/2004PresidentsCup/gallery/pages/Feb19_hills.html

there was alot of sand.