From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Cindy Collins
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 8:52 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] re: President's Cup

While it may be amazing to some people, there are others of us that think
this is NOT our sport and wonder how they'd do on rides like Tevis or the
Big Horn???  Just like our National Championships, I prefer "endurance" to
be over courses that generally take 12-13 hours to complete by the top
riders.  Cindy

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris