Re: [RC] Favorite Rides in 2004 - heidi

I thought that I would take an idea that I saw on another newsgroup and
post my favorite rides in 2004

What a great idea, Tom.  You made it to some good Idaho rides that I
missed this year, although I did get to ride at High Valley.  (I came late
and parked a long ways away, so didn't have to get pulled out by the
tractor--but yes, the trail was fabulous, and most of the mud was in
camp!)  Here are my favorites for the year:

1)  Soldier Mountain, near Fairfield, Idaho.  This is a TOUGH ride, but oh
my howdy, the VIEWS when you get up onto those high ridges in the
Sawtooths!  Makes the climb worth every step!

2)  Owyhee Canyonlands Day 2--the day that has the Snake River Canyon and
the petroglyphs.  There is something special about that ride along the
river, and looking at all those layers of lava that the Snake has cut
through.

3)  Home on the Range, in central Washington.  I was sicker than the
proverbial dog, and the wind howled all day, but again, the scenery and
the sculpting of the lava layers and all of those little lakes and ponds
were phenomenal.  (Fortunately hubby took LOTS of pictures as we went down
the trail, so what I missed for being sick I got to see later when we came
home...  <g>)

4)  Purple Passion, another Idaho ride.  This one was special because of
riding a new horse and being able to "up" my own mileage barrier to 75, in
my "second incarnation" as a rider, but is also a nice ride with some
really interesting spots on the trail.  It was made even more pleasant by
having my good friend Mary Forrester ("Mileage Mary") "sponsor" me, as I
was a bit insecure on my first "out" on a different horse.  And the
moonrise was downright spectacular!

Can't say I rode a BAD ride this year--they were ALL great!  But those do
stand out.

Heidi