Re: [RC] Hoping this freeze doesn't last... - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 12/22/2004 7:06:09 PM Central Standard Time, stlst@xxxxxxx writes:

I'm planning to go to High Roller next weekend and this will be my first ride in the cold on my own.  We'll (me and my horse) be 'camping' in our 2H BP, got a heater for in the trailer at night, but I would appreciate any help/hints/ideas at all I can get for caring for her during the ride.  We're having some pretty cold weather now...of course it could be back to 70 degrees and sunny by then, but I'd like to be prepared either way.  I know there are plenty of you out there who would be warm in the current 30 degree weather (wind chill in the teens) that we're having right now and I'm sure you have ideas (other than staying in camp!) on how to manage to keep yourself and your horse going thru the ride.

Be sure to have some ventilation in your trailer during the night - you don't want to wake up dead from carbon monoxide poisoning due to your heater.

Hubby and I will be at High Roller too.  Like you, we're doing some serious shivering right now - that wind has a serious bite tonight!  <G>  We're in Huntsville.  We'll be in the tan dually and Sundowner trailer...stop by and say hi - we'd love to meet you - and come inside the trailer and warm up if it's still cold!  :)

Dawn in East Texas (hoping for nice weather during the ride, but not *too* warm, since our horses are furballs right now!)