Re: [RC] Fitness - Barbara McCrary

Maybe the trick is not to let them get used to sleeping on the couch :-))

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Fitness

Hi Dolores,
Having had both Ridgebacks and a Cattle dog....I would personally choose the cattledog were I to run into Cougar or Bear.
My ACD did once run a bear off when I was jogging.  They will always want to go with you, are tough as nails, don't care about bad weather, etc.  If they fall out of a truck, get run over by a horse trailer or get their skull stepped on by a horse, they pop back up (only kidding)  The only unfortunate thing I have found about mine is that she loves heeling so much I have a very hard time with her chasing the horses.....

As far as Ridgebacks, here are MY experiences.  If it is raining, they want to sleep on the couch.  IF you want to jog, they want to sleep on the couch. If you want to go riding, they want to sleep on the couch.  If you want to hike, they want to sleep on the couch.  But. they WERE bred to hunt African Lions and were extremely successful in keeping African Lions off our property.

Karen