[RC] shoes, barefoot, etc. - Ed Kilpatrick

hi all, well this has been interesting.  what ruffles the feathers of the steel shoe users is the implication that if you are not with the new wave barefoot religious movement, then you must still be walking, dragging your knuckles on the ground and communicating with grunting sounds.  nobody should be made to feel like an idiot if they choose not to embrace a particular thought, idea, or fad.  now some of you devout barefooters may not have a problem putting a couple pounds of iron in your horse's mouth instead of on their feet,  but nobody thinks that is archaic, or if they do, they are polite about it. :-)   and i bet some of you barefooters have pierced ears and nose rings too!   dont you know that putting steel through living tissue is harmful?     :-) hmmm.
i rode my mustang barefoot all of last season barefoot, except at talladega, where it is very rocky.   most of our rides were in sandy terrain, florida and south georgia.  no lameness, no sore feet, no pulls.   we did 50 milers and one 75 miler.  i do put steel shoes on him if we will be riding in rocky country.  he wears them well, doesnt have a problem with them at all.   i have used easy boots on him, too.  he wears them very well and can run with them on.   i trim his feet most of the time, except when i get shoes put on him, then i let the farrier do the trim.  and brenda jo,  hell yeah, heidi is the expert!   where have you been?   :-)  cowboy ed