[RC] any sugestions?? - Vicki Austin

Hey ridecampers,  some of you sew for a living (like
me).  I ahve come across a situation that I have never
have before.   What would you do in this situation??
I would appreciate any suggestions as I am out of
ideas.

First let me begin by saying I send good selections of
my Vicki's Handmades all over the country and Canada
(at their request of course) to tack shops and to
private people to view and buy if they want  with the
understanding that they send anything back they do not
want for whatever reason. (I usually also tell them if
there is something they personally like they may keep
it as a "thank you for looking" gift.  Even when
someone orders something specifically I tell them if
they are not happy with it to send it back and I will
either change it or send their money back ,whichever
they prefer. I can always put it on the shelf.  I have
done this for 30+ years with no problems.

With out any names of course I will tell you what has
happened.

The week before Christmas I came in contact with a
"tack shop" person who wanted to see my handmade stuff
saying that they like to support people who hand make
clothing for horses and people.  I sent them summer
and winter selections, amounting to approximately
$800. from the shelf of my work studio.  I waited a
couple of weeks (I was busy with family at xmas time)
and then contacted the tack shop wondering if my stuff
even got there (I insure all that I send out so if it
gets lost I am not out many $).  I had to contact
twice before they even answered back to which they
said they weren't able to use any of what I sent and
would send it back. I have yet to get it back!!!!   I
have contacted them over and over again and even said
I would PAY to have it shipped back to me (which I
have never had to do before)  I have waited almost six
weeks and have customers who had seen some of the
items when they visited my studio before but waited
till first of Jan to tell me they wanted them and are
waiting for them to be sent back. Since it was
supposed to be back "any day" I told them that instead
of saying "sorry it has been sold" They don't want a
substitute, only  those particular items.

What would you do????  Thanks in advance!!!   Vicki

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/