[RC] Stall mats - suggestions please - Rae Callaway

I have a new boarder at my barn that absolutely hates being in a stall.  He
digs while he's eating and then immediately starts speed pacing afterwards.
His stall looks like a relief map of the rockies!  His owner likes him to
stay in the stall at night and he has another horse standing calmly in the
stall next to him.  I'm getting tired of leveling his stall all the time and
believe the way to go is to put mats down.  Can anyone give me some pros and
cons to stall mats?  What kind to get?  Average price?

Thanks
Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central Region