[RC] RE:Riding alone - Carol

Don't be afraid to ride alone. If you spend all your time looking for someone to ride with you'll never ride. I've been riding alone for years in places where one misstep means a 1000 ft drop off down to the river. I've encountered bear, rattlesnakes, coyotes, mountain lions, been bucked off in the middle of nowhere, broke my arm the first time, broke my back twice, crawled back to civilization and I'm still here. Really, we're all gonna die someday, so what difference does it make? At least you took a chance and did something you really enjoyed. Carrying a cell phone is good advice, but a lot of times there's not any coverage where  you ride.. maybe a flare gun would be better then a blue light if your horse ditches you.  What I'm trying to say is just don't be afraid. Things will happen but the enjoyment you get out of it is worth the risk. You only live once, enjoy it. : )
Carol and Beau Geste ( who has only tried to kill me a couple of times)