Re: [RC] Sciatica - Bette Lamore

I go to a good chiropractor when my back gets out of alignment and get sciatica. It doesn't cost me anywhere near $1800--- if you have a good one (and there are many mediocre or just plain dangerous ones out there) then it should not take that many treatments (unless of course he is putting his kid through college at your expense ;-)).
I would get a personal referral for one in your area. If you don't know anyone who uses one, ask a few of the chiros for references. If someone says they are going 3X week for the same problem with no improvement.....
Good luck
Bette

Mary Orosz wrote:

Just found out why I have sciatica.  About 3 years ago when Jack bolted, I bailed and fell pretty hard.  As the sciatica got worse, I gave in and finally went to a chiropractor last week.  He took e-xrays.  The x-ray shows my L5 vertebrae was shoved out of alignment.  Now he suggests $1800 of treatments.  Has anyone else had this and what did you do? One of the reasons I hesitate is that it seems that riding would be counter productive to the treatments and I truthfully don’t want to put riding on hold. Plus, I keep thinking of the rides I could go to with that $1800.  Does anyone know of any exercises that might help?

- Mary

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)