[RC] horse blankets - LTYearwood

Hi

Vashka and I are experiencing our first real winter (we just moved from Miami and are in Oregon.)

I believe horses are left as mother nature intended them.However when I get back from a hard ride and it is 30 degrees and Vashka can't dry naturally, and he's shaking from the cold (he still managed to grow quite a coat!), I feel like he needs a blanket.

Ideally, I would like a blanket that helps him dry off so I can take it off and he can keep warm naturally. (So far I've been out in the garage with a blow dryer for an hour and a half to help him get dry. :(  :) !!! )

One or two of my new horse friends has recommended that I get a blanket with "a quick." I guses that is something that dries the horse and then there is the blanket on top? That would be great --- like I said, I really don't want to have to keep the blanket on any longer than necessary.

Do you guys have any blankets you can suggest? I don't mind if it's a little pricey, though cheap is nice. I just want something that is going to last so I don't have to keep replacing it!

 Lori and Vashka