[RC] Sciatica - Mary Orosz

Just found out why I have sciatica.  About 3 years ago when Jack bolted, I bailed and fell pretty hard.  As the sciatica got worse, I gave in and finally went to a chiropractor last week.  He took e-xrays.  The x-ray shows my L5 vertebrae was shoved out of alignment.  Now he suggests $1800 of treatments.  Has anyone else had this and what did you do? One of the reasons I hesitate is that it seems that riding would be counter productive to the treatments and I truthfully don’t want to put riding on hold. Plus, I keep thinking of the rides I could go to with that $1800.  Does anyone know of any exercises that might help?

- Mary