[RC] affording endurance riding - Tracey Smith

I am so much enjoying this thread...KEEP IT COMING.  As a newbie myself and a poor one at that any suggestions on how to do this on a shoe string are greatly appreciated.

I don't mind spending the $$ when it comes to my horses being healthy and comfortable but like to save where I can.

Like Heidi said I don't "shop" unless I absolutely have to...unless you count frequent trips to the feed store as "shopping".  I don't eat out much, and give up a lot of things to afford having horses.

Someone else mentioned increasing your income as a way to afford it and I do that too...I work about 70-75 hours each week  to do well at my job and earn bonus money which I hope to save and eventually move from a lowly two horse bumper pull trailer to something with and LQ or at least a dressing room I can sleep in!  It will take me a while, but I will do it and nice to hear from those of you who already have.

Keep the stories coming...this is MUCH more interesting than folks whining about politics.

~*~ Tracey ~*~
You can ask a Stallion...

You can tell a Gelding...
But you have to discuss it with a mare!