Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] English saddle/recessed stirrup bar pressure

The saddle may have too much arc for the horse's back. If the horse is flat backed this saddle may not be properly distributing the weight.

Truman

Alice Yovich wrote:
We will see if the problem is really fixed, but the saddle guy I saw today says it's not the stirrup bar pressure, but the fact that the saddle is probably moving back and forth as the horse moves. He showed me, on my horse, how this was happening nad then restuffed the front panel. It's a dressage 500 with CAIR. Now, this may/may not solve the problem. the guy is a dressage guy and he may have NO CLUE about staying in the saddle for long hours. But, for $30 it was worth the custom fitting and he'll be around to help me work on it some more.