[RC] back pain - sherman

Dede,

I had lower back pain constantly for over a year after having moved about a ton of rocks which had lined my driveway. When I finally went to the chiropractor, the pain ceased in less than 2 weeks. I felt really dumb for having suffered so long. I was lectured by the doc for having waited so long to get it fixed. So, don't wait! The quicker you get treatment, the less time it takes to get things working properly again.

Then I had a 1 1/2 years of pain from sciatic nerve being squeezed (I really don't like going to to doc), so I snitched my hubby's left over muscle relaxer (Flexiril), just took it at night for a week, and the pain has been gone for over a year. It's trying to come back now, due to my bouncy new horse, Charly, but I was surprised to find that taking the Flexiril for only one night has taken care of the problem, at least for the past three days, and maybe only until I go for another long ride on Charly. I did try the chiropractor for the sciatic pain, but he was not able to help it.

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA

Okay Ridecampers,
We're a group of tough riders that have years or riding under our
collective belts and the injuries that go along with it.  So, I thought
this is a great place to ask advice.  After a recent (about 5 weeks
ago) parting of the ways with my mare, I have lower back pain.  It was
the kind of spill that was very jarring and I hurt all over for the
next  few days (kind of like a car accident).  Aside from fracturing my
thumb, nothing major was hurting, but gradually my lower back has been
aching.  I wake up in the morning and have that UUGGHH kind of pain.  I
can take 4 Advils and it doesn't do much.  I can still function pretty
much but don't enjoy constant pain.  I've got a ride coming up and want
to be able to do it.  Does anyone have any remedies for lower back
pain?  I'm on my feet most of the day, and that's probably better than
sitting but I'm hoping for some relief soon.  I'm open to anything,
OTC, homeopathic, etc.

Dede
central CA, where fall has finally arrived.