Re: [RC] Subject: Re: [RC] Tevis 2005-long-PLEASE READ - Lif Strand

At 07:18 PM 10/10/2004, Courtney Giardina wrote:
So therefore, me compromising my pace, is stressful to me. I ride my endurance rides how I train. If I never have ridden with somebody, it adds stress.

If compromising your pace is that stressful, you are absolutely not ready for Tevis! There are enough miles of single wide trails that don't allow passing that you *will* be compromising your pace whether you want to or not, because you most likely will get stuck behind someone if you're a hot-rod rider, or you will be pressured from behind if you're taking it easy. Do not assume you will only have to be doing this compromising for just a few feet or that you will somehow find a way to pass (or be passed). It just isn't that kind of a trail.

Before next year, spend lots of time out on the trail riding with others and learning how to deal with compromising your pace. You will be much better prepared for Tevis if you do that.

That is good advice for anyone who is planning on riding the Tevis.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA
High Country Rider:  An endurance rider's journal
   www.fasterhorses.com/highcountryrider/