Re: [RC] Subject: Re: [RC] Tevis 2005-long-PLEASE READ - SandyDSA

In a message dated 10/10/2004 6:40:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, betsy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
No matter how exprienced you or your horse is, I don't really
understand why you think an exception should be made in your case
Hey Betsy,
    Out where we live - maybe everywhere, I don't know - far too many people DO think that they should be an exception - to college admission requirements, to curfews, to stopping at stop signs:). Unfortunately, youth and children especially learn what they see. Asking why somethign is the way it is is fine - demanding that it be ahcnged to suit one's own opinions - that is something else. I am reminded of the youth a few doors down who thinks it A-ok to pound on his drums at all hours and at times for several hours at atime. While I admire his stamina, I cannot believe how selfish that is.  He thinks apparently that the rules of courtesy and even local noise abatement laws don't apply to him for some reason.