Re: [RC] Subject: Re: [RC] Tevis 2005-long-PLEASE READ - Courtney Giardina

Sandy
"desiring independence never moved me to rudeness in a public venue since first of all I knew what would follow" --again, I'm trying my hardest to get my point across without being rude. I didn't think that all of you would open your arms to me and my issues with being sponsored. I"m not insulting the people who took their time to sponsor me. Its nothing against them, the people were fine, and even great company. The issues I'm talking about have to do with the fact that nobody rides exactly the same. When someone spends 12 hours (possibly) taking me on a ride, so I can compete, I don't expect them to change what they do, unless its hurting my horse. So therefore, me compromising my pace, is stressful to me. I ride my endurance rides how I train. If I never have ridden with somebody, it adds stress. Thats all I'm saying.

From: SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [RC]   Tevis 2005-long-PLEASE READ
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:35:29 EDT

I thought most responses were much like a parent would respond to their own
daughter - not a bad thing. In fact, bearing in mind the insult to those who
have taken the time and trouble to sponsor her, I thought the posts were
balanced. Personally, being "rash" and desiring independence never moved me to
rudeness in a public venue since first of all I knew what would follow (We
didn't have internet them - agign myself) and also because it seemed logical to
assume that I would not get adequate....support should I approach an issue
without due respect. I believe my daughter appreciates the priviledge of even
HAVING horses and being allowed to compete. While she pushed the envelope with
me regularly, as it should be:), she is without fail polite to others and
appreciative of those who HAVE sponsored her, no matter the pace, conditions,
etc. I LOVE that to date, every spnsor and ridign companion she ahs had loves
ehr attitude - she is a go-getter, no doubt about that - but withal beautifully
mannered and reasonable in her expectations. That said, she sure leads ME a
merry chase:)!