Re: [RC] Spooks - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 10/10/2004 10:32:27 AM Central Standard Time, Deblyons54@xxxxxxx writes:

We have a 10 year old gelding that is spooky to the extreme. We've tried the "natural" horsemanship methods as well as the standard sacking out methods for the last 4 years and he still remains dangerously spooky. I am sick to death of him having fits over a little bit of plastic or a feed bucket. He dented a steel gate in half one night because a piece of plastic blew under his feet.  I thought he'd settle down with a lot of riding but he seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Just a thought, but you might have a vet check his vision.  Perhaps he's got some problems with peripheral vision, and doesn't see things till they're right on him.  If the vision problems are getting worse with age, that might explain why his spookiness is worsening.

Dawn in East Texas