Re: [RC] Myler combination bit - Linda Hedgpeth

Hi Nancy,

I bought one of them because I liked the looks of it.   I tried it on my mare who definitely didn't like the little rawhide nose thingey.   Bless her heart, she protested and shook her head the whole time.   Honestly, it would bug me too, if I were a horse.   When we got back home, I cut the nose part off and use it, now, as a normal bit......and now we both like it just fine ;-)   I really like the way Myler designs their bits and the "mouth parts".   The milder ones look like they would be comfortable to carry.

Linda

Hi
Anyone out there have experience with the Myler Combination Bits?
They look very interesting and seem like they might be great for our sport.  My horse loves her Myler Hackamore (probably because she can eat so much easier!), but in a competition she pulls so much early in the ride that she gets a bump on her pretty nose - even with a fleece cover!
Thanks
Nancy