[RC] juniors and riding with sponsors - Tracey Smith

I have been reading this thread with great interest having a young stepdaughter who has just started CTR and with me starting endurance myself.

Ashley is technically old enough to complete a CTR by herself, but I would never let her...nor would she want to.  One of the things she enjoys the most is riding with different folks and learning about their experience, horses and riding style.

Just curious in endurance if a JR has a sponsor and the sponsor has to pull, does the JR have to as well?  Or can they go on with another adult?  In CTR I told Ashley that if for any reason I had to pull I would let her go on if I had an adult I could "hook her up" with and luckily in our region there are lots of folks who'd take on that task.  But how would that work in endurance?

Courtney should consider herself lucky to have a sponsor.  Being new to endurance myself and not knowing all the rules and in's and out's I'd love to have a sponsor to "show me the ropes"  it would be like a "clinic on the trail".

Bottom line, is she either needs to play by the rules, or find a different game...she wins no sympathy with me.

Tracey
Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!!!  Happy Trails!!!