[RC] Fear - DeborahHuebsch

Yep, was airlifted out of a wilderness park about 7 years ago, after my mare tripped, trotting down a hill, and somersaulted right over me.  I got back on asap (about a week) but just froze every time we had to negotiate down a hill.  I found getting off and walking helped more than anything else to calm the fear.  As I kept at it, I found that I could do more and more of a downhill mounted.  My triumphant moment was finishing the Mt. Laguna 50 which has a 9+ mile technical downhill section at the end of the ride.  I wasn't able to trot downhill comfortably for about 6 months after my "incident".  But, now, I'm ok and grateful I worked through it rather than throwing in the towell.

Deborah
S. Calif.