[RC] horses regionally - Lori Greene

Where we live in Central Indiana it is widespread quarter/paints.  But....the gaited horses are starting to definately pick up.  I've read in quite a few magazines that it's the "Baby Boomers" starting to make a change to smoother ride.

I have to say, growing up I showed in the paints, but we showed locally so anything breed wise could be there.  I only remember one person showing Arabians.  Also, we kept our horses at the time at a saddle club and there was a couple who had 3 arabians between them.  So other than that, that's my extensive knowledge of the breed.  Other than what I have read on the website and on here, you guy's keep me more knowledgable than anything!

But our family trail rides and I have to say, I don't believe we have ever ran on to an arabian, after I've been reading the messages here, I happened to think in all my 32 years, I don't believe we have ran into anyone on the trail here with an arabian.  The gaited horses, mules, and draft crosses seems to be what is picking up the most around here.  That's what I was telling my husband for next years horse, I wouldn't know where to start to find one here where we are at!