[RC] horses regionally - rides2far

But our family trail rides and I have to say, I don't believe we
have ever ran on to an arabian,

Just curious...what time of day do you show up at the trailhead? If I
train with friends we usually like to start early...anywhere from as
early as 6:30 in the heat of the summer to probably about 9. When I get
to the trail head there's lots of Arabians, almost nobody else. Then one
day I showed up at about 1 PM which I'd never done before. I hate
starting late because sometimes I get distracted, take a new trail and
hate to risk getting caught in the dark. Anyway, I pulled up to the
parking area and the place was WALL TO WALL with Quarter Horses!  Got to
thinking about it and I think the Arab people show up to "train". We have
a goal, mileage to get in at a good pace so prefer to hit it before it
gets too hot and accomplish our goal for the day. Then, being the
"driven" sorts we are we get on home to do everything else on our list.
The QH Pleasure riders only goal is to visit with each other. They meet
late enough for everyone who isn't especially driven to drag it out and
show up, then they visit as they go down the trail.

If you want to see an Arab, you might try showing up at the trail head
early. Or you could just go down to Bill Wilson's place just north of
Louisville. There'll be plenty of Arabs there at Top of the Rock...and is
that where they have Spook Run?

Angie

Get your name as your email address.