Re: [RC] [RC] Alive in the panhandle - Truman Prevatt

At one time back in the late 60's there was actually a research effort to use nuclear bombs to vaporize hurricanes. When the calculated the tonnage required it would have taken four of the biggest suckers we had and then if it didn't work you would have radioactive rain - oh boy just what you need - not only does you roof get blown off but the inside of your house glows in the dark for three years.

There is a tremendous amount of energy in a hurricane such as Ivan. Just look at how much damage it did and think about how much energy it would take to snap a power pole in half - not multiply that by the thousands of power poles that were snapped, the number of houses that were blown down the number of roads washed away, etc.

These storms are awesome. Now it's headed for the mountains where it will dump between a foot to two feet rain on saturated ground that will drain into swollen creeks that dump into already flooded rivers. Howard, better go check you land in Tennessee - it may be washed away after this Ivan gets through.

I sure hope Ivan didn't wreck havoc with Talladega. I've already missed one ride because of Frances, the Biltmore more had to be canceled - enough is enough.

We in Florida promise not to screw up the election this time - we really do so the election Gods can go away, we've got your message.

Truman

Howard Bramhall wrote:

So glad you're OK.  All I gotta say is "Welcome to Florida."  lol.

We cannot afford to lose one horse or one endurance rider to these stupid, awful, global warming freaks of nature.  Truman, can't you invent some sort of ice lazer device where my Air Force could go up there and freeze the water surrounding the eye of these things to save us from ourselves?  I saw something like that in one of those old Batman movies ("Mr. Freeze," I think).

There's gotta be a way.  I swear, it's those damn fossil fuels; we're killing ourselves here by burning it all up so fast (before the Chinese catch up to us) and Florida will be the first to go.  A hurricane is gonna find it's way up Florida's uretha and we're all gonna implode, making Florida a chain of islands from the Louisiana coast the the new one in Georgia.

cya,
Howard (felt like ramblin on this morning, I do apologize)

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."