[RC] On elevators and the Shut Up and Ride - RISTREE

I'm betting dollars to donuts that if I'd had an elevator from our 25 LD to a 50, I'd have had at least a handful of riders opting up.  Even with the challenging terrain and the mud from Hurricane Frances aftermath.

Any statistics on what percentage of elevator riders (at each distance) elect to elevate?

We'd consider it for next year, but while AERC recognizes elevator distances (for mileage), my understanding is that ECTRA (our other sanctioning organization) does not.

This thread will give me some food for thought for 2005.

On a tangent, if folks are interested in photos of the Allegany Shut Up and Ride, just follow this link:

http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/KateRogers/2004SUAR

--Patti Stedman