Re: [RC] On elevators - Kristen A Fisher

But I think I heard someone once mention that if you elevate, you still only have until the cut off for the 50s. So if the 25s left a lot later than 50s, they would lose that time [but it would count in their final ride time]. If so, you would want to try and have the 25s & 50s leave close together time-wise. BUT don't the elevators end up having to do the exact trail as the 50s? So it means some planning to make sure the 25s can start soon after 50s, but preferably on a different trail, but still be able to do the entire 50 mile trail. Is that right?

Kristen in TX

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 11:52 AM
Subject: [RC] On elevators and the Shut Up and Ride

I'm betting dollars to donuts that if I'd had an elevator from our 25 LD to a 50, I'd have had at least a handful of riders opting up.  Even with the challenging terrain and the mud from Hurricane Frances aftermath.

Any statistics on what percentage of elevator riders (at each distance) elect to elevate?