Re: [RC] horses: registered vs mustang vs heinz 57 - heidi

For the most part:  Arabian show people turned down their noses at those
of us who rode endurance and trail.  They also snubbed those of us who
rode Engish Hunter Seat saying there would never be classes to go
anywhere.  Sounds like Lif is part of that crowd.  She is entitled to
her opinion but she is intolerant of those of us with another view and
not looking thru blinders.   Well, times are changing.  The 'show' folks
have almost NO ONE in the stands and there are more hunter and dressage
classes every year.

Uh, Lif is one of those folks who stayed true to the original "using
Arabian" and actually RODE her horses--including doing endurance.   I
wouldn't be surprised but what she was among those who were snubbed, as
were a great many of the rest of the Arabian breeders who stuck to their
guns and refused to play the show game.  The show folks STILL snub those
who ride their Arabs--but as you say, the stands in the shows are poorly
populated, and on any given weekend, there are now far more Arabians out
on the endurance trails than there are at the shows.  Distance competition
(includes endurance and CTR) is now the #1 competitive use for Arabian
horses.

No, I don't think it is Lif who is being intolerant here--I think that it
boils down to the fact that many are not really hearing what she is trying
to say.  Seems to me that stating facts and wanting facts stated in return
is rather the opposite of looking through blinders....

Heidi