Fwd: [RC] horses: registered vs mustang vs heinz 57 - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 9/8/2004 8:43:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4 writes:

In a message dated 9/8/2004 8:08:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Sounds like Lif is part of that crowd.  She is entitled to her opinion but she is intolerant of those of us with another view and not looking thru blinders.   Well, times are changing.  The 'show' folks have almost NO ONE in the stands and there are more hunter and dressage classes every year.

Lif is not intolerant for crying out loud (she can defend herself, but this is ridiculous). She's not a "show folk" she's a "been there done that" folk, she's way entitled to her opinion without the insults.

<<FINE but don't think the rest of us need to be silenced.  Until the market crashed very few ARABIAN purebred were ridden endurance.   People were paying $10,0000 for fancy show horses but their rejects were sold cheaply to 'endurance' riders usually without papers.  Many halfArabians are full due to this.  I have been watching the trends for a long time.  Get a grip and be tolerant of others.   >>

I'm no expert, but the market crashed in what.....late 80's?   Please, does somebody know how many purebred Arabians excelled at Endurance before that?  My guess is quite a few.

I've got a grip and I'm tolerant....I still know that well bred Arabians are the best at this sport. That's not to say that other breeds can't do quite well too, but the predominant breed is Arabian...there just isn't any question  about that.

On another list we've been discussing why you don't see very many gaited horses in the 50 and above distances.....my premise is that they are too slow basically and just don't make the time cut offs.  I know that's true at Tevis (at least based on my observations...not a scientific study), but anybody else care to explore this question?  Why aren't there very many gaited horses doing endurance (by endurance I mean 50 and above)?  For those I've already offended, I apologize. For those I am yet to offend.....I sort of apologize <g>.  Truman, you can chime in here with the Hell Bitch stuff.

Sylvia

[...]

?

--- End Message ---