Re: [RC] Auctions, Breeding (LONG) - MtnRondi

There are auctions and there are auctions. Some auctions are very picky and take consignments that they think will bring big money. Some auctions are the Saturday night specials that take anything that you unload that evening.

Years ago we had a great auction that was held once a year at the fairgrounds (maybe twice a year). It was the Kavanaugh Sale. We got some really nice Arabs from those sales and one of them became an NATRC National Champion.

In 1977 I bred a mare to Aurab and sold that mare in foal. As a yearling they took that Aurab colt to the Kavanaugh Sale and sold him. Someone must have really gotten a bargain because he went for $350. I think that was during the time when people were looking at the fancy showhorse names on pedigrees and didn't realize what a direct son of Aurab was worth. I don't know what happened to that colt after that. But the point is, you can find some nice horses at a reputable auction.

Bonnie
So. Calif.