[RC] Defiant, rearing mare - sherman

Thanks for your advice, Carol.

I do know how dangerous rearing is. I had a mustang mare that started it with me a few years ago. We did work through it, however, I do not want to do that again, especially with a horse I'm not yet attached to. I did tell the former owner that I did not want a horse that reared, and I was assured this mare didn't....so, I don't know if it really was an isolated incident, or an old habit coming back. If it happens again, I don't think she'll be staying here.  I don't know if someone else will want to try to retrain  her (she seems pretty well trained actually), or,  she'd make a beautiful pasture ornament or buddy horse.

Kathy