Re: [RC] height of horses - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok, My two cents worth.

Seems that everyone is liking the 15.0 and under height range.  I prefer 15.0 and up.  No, I am not a very large person, 5' 7" and 135lbs.  I think it comes from having started out in this sport with 15.1 horse.  He was a nice, strong horse.  Now, there are smaller horses that can feel just as strong.  In fact, I have a loaner horse that is small, she is 14.1 and she can stride out as big as the other horses and she feels strong.   My daughter is riding her.   Bigger horses are an advantange I think in some areas that have already been stated...like creeks, logs and the one I really liked was intimadation. :)  I have a 15.2 hand mare, and a 15.0 mare that I personally ride.  And I feel that they can do anything that the smaller ones can do, but maybe go under a low branch.  ;))  Again, it is just personal preference for each person out there.

Jody and the taller girls...Jets Irish Rose and Petit Jets Aries

Do you Yahoo!?