Re: [RC] Height of Joe Long - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hey, I rode with Joe for years here in the SE region.  Yep, he is tall, but he is skinny.  Horse didn't have to carry a lot....he had legs that looked like they could wrap around Kahlil!!!!!!!  That was the toughest little horse I have ever known.  I don't remember him ever having a metabolic issue at a ride, and he could canter all day long.  Glad to hear that he is still alive and well.  We lost the other two of the trio last year.  Me and Jerrilynn Gray rode as juniors with him for a long time....Lain (Jerrilynn's Morgan gelding) died last fall at age 30.  My horse fell and broke his hip 4 years ago and had to be put down at age 26.  Long live Kahlil.

Magnumsmom@xxxxxxx wrote:
Joe Said:

Kahlil Khai: I always listed him as 14.2, but he was an "honest" 14.1
> [...]
> What can I say ... I like a 14.2 hand horse.

Joe's not a small guy either.  He's got some leg on him even
though the day I met him he was probably an inch shorter as
he was standing on a broken ankle.  When I rode into the last
vet check (Joe was done... finished second... hours before)
he about looked me in the eye.

:)  :)  :) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM

Do you Yahoo!?