Re: [RC] [RC] reply to Bob Morris - Ed & Wendy Hauser

One could extrapolate from the number of tests done last year, and the number of positives to get an apparent rate of substance abuse by endurance riders.  The problem is that with the small number of positives the statistical error bars would probably be so large that one could not draw any reasonable conclusions.

You may get a result that said:  "within 95% confidence I can say that somewhere between 0.01% and 52% of horses entered in endurance races show evidence of prohibited substances..."

Additional testing would be a good thing, but as you suspect we may not want to pay the price.  How much of an increase in entry fees do we want? $1, $10, $20, $100??

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875