Re: [RC] [RC] reply to Bob Morris - heidi

Excause me. Even if there was an "eyewitness" to someone givng something
 by syringe, you will sitll have to prove the substance given the horse
was a banned substance which require testing. Giving substances by
syringe is quite common at endurance rides, electrolytes, probiotics,
water to wash down same, etc.

An "eyewitness" many times only knows what they know - and that isn't
much - and in general I suspect that without verification of the
substance, you have no evidence - at least that would hold up in the
lawsuit that would follow.

First of all, it IS entirely possible to be an eye witness to more of the
sequence than just the administration of "something" via syringe.  I agree
that merely using an oral syringe is not "evidence"--and I didn't infer
that in my comment.  But an eye witness to an IV injection during a ride
would constitute evidence, since injection is an invasive procedure and as
such is illegal, regardless of the substance used.  Likewise being an eye
witness to other modalities of treatment would constitute evidence.  You
are only thinking of one very narrow area of "application" and not
thinking about the many other situations that can constitute violations.

Secondly, some riders also actually brag about having given illegal
substances.  Their own words, in such cases, are also "evidence."

Heidi