Re: [RC] [RC] reply to Bob Morris - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"..."eyewitness" to someone givng something by syringe..."
Since giving anything by injection is an invasive therapy, the injector is toast even if he/she can prove that the substance was normal saline.

It is possible and very easy to cheat in an endurance ride.  Trail can be cut.  Prohibited substances can be given.  Registration papers can be forged etc.  BFD.

We will not achieve 100% compliance with the SPIRIT of the rules of our sport by doing more policing.  We have to do a reasonable job (perhaps more than we are doing now), and personally follow the spirit of the rules.  I spend my time and energy competing in the best way I know how, following the spirit of the rules at all times.  I can then sleep well knowing that I am part of the solution, not the problem.

One of the really pathetic things I note on these posts is that if one looks at an endurance horse as a multi year investment, most of the proposed usages of prohibited substances or non-prohibited substances in abnormal amounts, would actually decrease your probability of achieving your long term goals.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875