Re: [RC] Tevis photos - rider position - Lynne Glazer

The angle used for those Tevis shots is not conducive to evaluating rider position, in my opinion. You'd have to have a sample of side shots to be fair, like the CR shots I've seen.

Digression: side shots are nice but the terrain doesn't always allow for it. Some event shooters shoot vertical 3/4 from the front to be nicer to the riders, and the horses look better than straight from the front. Straight on reveals uneven stirrups sometimes not due to the leather length but rider issues like a hip rotated forward, reveals collapsed ribcage to one side, a hunched or rotated forward shoulder, chin dropped, etc..

Speaking of rider form, wait till you see the Oct EN cover--the most perfect rider flying dismount, on the offside, already holding her vet card 1/4 mile before the check after 60+ miles (and no, it's not on my website). And yeah, she tied for the win. :-)

Lynne
(04 NCs photog)