Re: [RC] Tevis photos - rider position - Lif Strand

At 07:58 AM 8/12/2004, Kristi Schaaf wrote:
it would be really interesting (if it was
possible) to compare who finished with who had a
really nice riding position in the photo.

I watched the Cougar Rock tape over and over when I was working the AERC booth at Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show years ago. I thought the same thing - that it would be interesting to see if there was any correlation between rider position going over the Rock and completions.

Video or .mpg images might be better than a single photo for the reason you gave. That would be a fun study - a panel of people who had the credentials to critique riding position who are locked in a room with these tapes or images for a week or more until they come up with a list maybe rating riding styles from 1 to 10 compared to completion lists. Anyone want to do it? Funding would be required for pizza and beer (or wine) and the same motel rooms they use to lock jurors in.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA