Re: [RC] Tevis Sponsorship - John Teeter

A John: Your a brave soul.
nah, just married to an endurance rider:)

A(n) issue that has not been brought to lite is that
if you win the Tevis, the UAE will provide for a all expense paid trip for you, your crew and horse, in this case Horses and crews I presume.

... It certainly goes against what AERC say's about prices if I recall
correctly..

actually, AERC simply says that if there are prizes (>$1,000), that a steward is necessary. We've already asked Bob Morris for the AERC stewards list (hoping that he, as a local AERC director, would be so inclined as to be the one:) Prizes aren't an issue with AERC beyond that I think. I've no idea what's in store, but figured it best to be prepared and have the AERC steward all set up just in case.

as to ride/race....as a preparation/evaluation/training ride for the US Endurance Team, the Arabian Nights is a simulated race at least. A simulation of the 2004WEC race. As steph pointed out, we're also trying to make it attractive to non FEI people - there's a full moon (the next one coming!:) and riding in the desert all night in August is pretty special. I'm hoping that many riders will choose to lay over during the heat of the day and continue on in the twilight:)

They have to be home by 6:00am:)

jt.

(should also point out that the winner of Florac, Newcastle, Peek Crossing, and ?? also are invited (at no expense to them) to the Presidents Cup in Abu Dhai. I'm not sure the full extent of that program, but it is intended to encourage participation in the sport of Endurance Racing. All of these events are races too:) - And over there, the first place is a Rolls (or Bentley was it??:)