[RC] florida gals, tevis, etc. - Ed Kilpatrick

hi everyone!    well, we got back in about midnight last night. spent an "extra" day in auburn, CA  in order to go over to lake tahoe and knock around a bit.  that was fun.

now, about Tevis!   all i can say is WOW!   i am even saying it backwards!  !WOW  it was absolutely amazing!  crewing for becky/gorgeous george and roxanne/sharpo was almost as good as getting to do the ride.  my best competitive horse experience to date, bar none.  i have read and studied about tevis for the past few months, and found every element  there that i read about.   brutal but beautiful terrain, a camraderie(sp?) beyond compare, some of the best horses in the world, and a fantastic bunch of people who came together and made it all possible.  what a wonderful time!

i got to meet some great folks, some whom i had only known through ridecamp, but now have faces (and hugs!) to go with the rest.   lynne glazer, dana baldwin, karen chaton, sandy,  denny edmundson, catfish daniels, sindy mccosker to name a few.  (hi guys!)  and dont let me forget fellow mustang aficianados, ray bailey and phil ottinger.  thanks for your encouragement!

and legends!  living legends!  julie suhr, (danged if she aint ten feet tall! she came right by me riding that big horse, and i had to look WAY up there!)  hope lundquist, what a grand lady!    and gordy ainsley!  boy, did he show his ASS at the awards ceremony or what!?  :-)

emotions ran to the extreme of both ends of the spectrum.  there is no way to adequately describe it.
we were so blessed to finish!   i am so grateful to becky siler for taking such good care of my horse, gorgeous george, while out on the trail.  she studied hard and rode a smart, well planned ride.  it was the thrill of a lifetime watching them come in at the finish. they were truly a good match for this ride.

becky and roxanne are on the road back to florida, so it will probably be a while before becky gets to post her comments.  i know she is thrilled, though!

what an honor to be a part of it!   thanks to all who made it possible.   and a special thanks to judy houle, pete, rachel and gerry, becky and roxanne's friends and crew!         ed  and kathi kilpatrick