[RC] Clarification of Letter to the WSTF board. - KimFue

I have read some of the posts and received some private e mails regarding my letter.  I want to make it clear that I would have written the exact same letter if the "Crown Jewel Sponsor" had been Purina, Manna Pro, Fort Dodge, AHA, or any other corporation or private organization.  This was not based on endurance politics, American politics, or anything to do with a sponsorship from a non American based organization/business.

I think the decision of whether a sponsor's name should be affiliated with an event should be a separate discussion.  My letter was not based on any opinions of whether the Emirates Endurance Village is an appropriate sponsor of the Tevis.  I know several riders do feel strongly about this just as many would feel strongly if "Marlboro cigarettes" was a crown jewel sponsor because they use horses and cowboys in their advertising.

Kim Fuess