[RC] Endurance and PBS - Magnumsmom

Last night, with Tevis still main on my mind, I happened to catch a
reference that could help us endurance riders out on the trail while
watching a PBS show.  The show referred to "St. Barbara", who is
a patron saint invoked to protect people from unexpected death and
explosions.  :)  :)  :)  (as opposed to st. gregory... who we think might
be the patron saint of tax evasion).  A "St. Barbara" medal might be
in order for all of us who ride the trail, especially on horses who might
tend to "explode".

disclaimer:  I'm not catholic, nor have I ever played one on TV.

THEN, the next show was about the history of bridge building and
bridge engineering.  It really brought home the engineering
accomplishment of "no hands bridge" especially for it's time.  The
darn things used to collapse under stress.  No hands not only was
properly engineered and built for it's uses, it is also still standing
tall today.  We forget about those times in our past when the things
we take for granted were the new technologies.  Kudo's to the WST
people who got it the history designation it deserves.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM