From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 3:32 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Ground Control shoes and Club Feet?

Please Reply to: Karen ndrnce@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a young gelding with a right front club foot.  The farrier
I use has done an excellent job with this foot and it has come
along great in the past couple years.  he is however a tender
foot so started looking into the use of Ground Control shoes.
Other folks I know have had much success with them and they
appeared to be an option for him.

First time he was shod with them he was immediately lame.  Did
not know at the time if it was due to some bruising from a ride
which took place a week or so prior.  After a week or so he was
no longer lame but did notice the nails came out on the outside
(the club foot) after a ride.  Shoe was reset and he has done
well with them the past 4 weeks.

Saturday was his time for another appt.  Farrier noticed lots of
growth in his feet and was please with the amount of heel that
grew on the club foot.  Replaced the shoes and once again he was
lame when I went out to ride yesterday morning (Sunday).  Same foot.

Have an appt. with the farrier after work and am taking his steel
shoes to replace the GC's.  However, am wanting to make these work BUT....

Any suggestions out there?  Anyone have had these type of issues
with a club foot?

thanks,

karen