[RC] Florida girls arrive in CA - Cowgirgoof

Becky here...
We made it to Pilot Hill about 12:30 today. The trip took us four and a half
days overall. We left Thursday afternoon about 3:45 pm. The first leg was over
twenty-seven hours to Columbia Missouri. We had a few problems which Roxanne
will describe later in this e-mail. We couldn't make it on Friday to Omaha like
we planned to meet my trucker friend, so we put up at Dane Frazier's
sister-in-law's place. What a nice rest the horses got there. The only set back
was that George apparently slept in ants, and came up the next morning with
horrible welts over 40% of his body. Over the next two days they festered and
ozzed serum, but fortunately today they are great. I've been working deligently
to get him healed by Tevis day.
Anyway, I'll put Roxanne on- we'll keep you posted!
Becky and Gorgeous George

Roxanne here, well good news on Thursday my little puppy Mia was found after
missing for two days out on a desolate island, long story. The trip was long
and hard, and on Friday I open the trailer to let the horses out at a rest stop
and Shar-Po's shoulder has a gaping wound. My heart sunk, we cleaned it up and
caled a vet in the St louis area. We trailered over and the vet was great and
sewed him up beautifully, I know as I am an OR nurse and I see a lot of
suturing. Shar-Po stood perfectly still and was the best patient. It is healing
realy well and I think it will not interfere with our ride.
    I am so glad to be in one place that is not moving. Will write soon
Roxanne and Shar-Po
ps We are in Pilot Hill at judy Houle's place