Re: [RC] Comments on breeding and selection - SandyDSA

and I know for a fact that Kim does start out with good prospects, so that part of the equation likely doesn't enter her mind. Others, however, need to consider that at every turn - buying, riding, breeding, conditioning...

Kind of like the ads for "endurance prospect" only to find out that Mr. Egg Beater legs couldn't get around the show ring without clipping himself and so now becauase he has "ebergy to burn" he is an endurance prospect. Most of the time, those horses sport less than admirable lines when it comes to endurance. Sad, but when someone asks me what I think of so-and-so horse for endurance, if I see a "successful halter champ" too close up in the pedigree, I find it hard to look for any other possible redeeming qualities therein. For sure, there are some, albeit  generations back - or once in the whole 6 generation pedigree - but in general that would be a horse I would stay away from myself.