Re: [RC] Comments on breeding and selection - SandyDSA

amen to all of that, Kim! In fact, you made he think of Caitlyn Miller's mare, Roszaalinda, who is a Salazar daughter and in in just her secodn season in distance It is such a thrill not only to see the two of them completing and doing exceptionally well - and staying SOUND - but also knowing that the lines we chose were good, that we were right about that. Breeding mares and stallions is indeed a bit of a crap shoot, but it is to one's advantage to scrutinize lines and the qualities that go therewith. When people say pedigre doesn't matter in a gelding, I say "oh, but i beg to differ". Many qualities are clearly hereditary to a suitably significant degree, and so why would it not matter? It matters to us in every foal we produce, male or female.
San