Re: [RC] Endurance farrier in Atlanta metro or Nw ga.? - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I fully understand your mess.  I was also in that kind of shape at one time.... a long time ago.  That is when my mother said, "You know your horses and what they do better than anyone....if you will go, I will send you to horseshoeing school."  So, she did, I went and that was about 16 or so years ago.  Best thing I ever did.  I ended up shoeing for the public for about 14 years.  The number one complaint heard from clients was, that farriers didn't call them back and wouldn't show up on time.  I hope that you can find what your looking for...and when you do, please (from the farrier's point of view) treat them nice.  There should never be a case of a horse being mis-treated in order to shoe them, or beat on, or sore feet when finished.  I can shoe any one of the 4 I have going to rides the day before and not worry about sore feet.  One of the reasons that farriers are cutting them so close is so that they will stay one good until time to come back.  They don't want to have to worry about the owner calling and telling them a shoe fell off.   Finding a "good old boy" farrier that doesn't like Arabs in always a problem too.   I know that it can be pricey, for sure in the Atlanta area.  Good luck in your search.

Jody and the girls--Rose, Love, Aries, Gypsy and so to be Storme

Do you Yahoo!?